Sunday, November 30, 2008

Valley Club, Aintura - horseback riding

Sunday - October 19 - 2008
Valley club, Aintura – horseback riding – Burj-el-Barajneh camp
Sponsor: Joumana

The rest of the kids were watching the riders jump the bars – but she was gazing intently at the mountain off in the distance. I wondered what she was thinking. I knew this mountain was something magical for her. She seemed energized by its enormity and beauty. I wondered if she felt as though she’d ever be able to have a house on this mountain ever, or have a picnic with her fiancé there when she grew older. I wondered if she thought this moment was just a fleeting glimpse, or was possible to have more of in the future. When we arrived back in the camp I saw her walk off down the dark, wet, trash-laden alley to her cramped home. I knew that night she’d be dreaming of the mountain. I only wished I could give it to her.









No comments:

Post a Comment