Sunday, November 30, 2008

Zoo

Sunday - October 26 - 2008
Zoo – Mar Elias camp
Sponsors: Layla, Lauren

One of the most well-respected leaders of the camp was able to grace us with his presence to our outing at the zoo this day. Usually when I find him in the camp or at some Palestinian event or celebration somewhere in Beirut, he’s always wearing his classic vintage suit, and always with his prayer beads in his hand, behind his back, while moseying, always seemingly contemplating, with his eyes on the ground, as if the answer to all his worries were strewn about the pavement. And if it wasn’t the classic 1960’s stylish suit, I’d always see him wearing something else grandfatherly, such as a sweater vest, or a cardigan. But this day at the zoo he came decked out wearing a full two-piece track suit – such as an Olympic athlete would wear on his way to the stadium. He even sported the sneakers. How about that? He was trying something new at the zoo this day. I liked it. But, he definitely threw me for a loop. Now whenever I see him, I want to challenge him to a race.














No comments:

Post a Comment